Friday, August 31, 2007

The phantom piper

So this morning, as I was about to leave for work, I heard a rather unexpected sound of bagpipes outside my window. Looking out, I saw that a man was standing in a grassy spot across the street, and had begun to play the 'pipes. This, of course, required that I stay and listen. He played several different songs, one of which I recognized (though sadly, Amazing Grace was not forthcoming), before finally vanishing as suddenly as he had appeared.

Let us all hope the phantom piper returns someday... to finish what he started with a little "Scotland the Brave"...

On the other hand, he is more or less solely responsible for me not getting into work nearly as early as I had planned.

Curse you, phantom piper!!! *shakes fist*

1 comment:

dgbannan said...

Ah what a great reason to be a little late! Jealous me! :)